New Delhi: Procam International, the pioneers of the distance running movement in India, on Wednesday announced that the registrations for the world’s most prestigious half marathon scheduled for November 19 is now open. With a total prize money of USD 275,000 this year’s edition is expected to witness over 34,000 participants, pound the wide long stretches of the capital on the third Sunday of November.
When Procam International conceptualised and introduced the Delhi Half Marathon in 2005, little did cynics believe that the people of Delhi would embrace running as a lifestyle and turn up in great numbers to set a new bench mark year on year. Today, the event is not only the biggest sporting event in the city, but also one that has created a legacy of breaking barriers – be it at an individual level or impacting the country as a whole.
In this endeavour, it is a matter of immense pride for all, that the telecom giant, Bharti Airtel has been a visionary sponsor, who has relentlessly backed the event in Delhi, into its tenth successive year.
Ravindra Singh Negi, CEO-Delhi/NCR, Bharti Airtel said,“Airtel began its journey in Delhi and today it is not only Delhi’s but India’s preferred network. As a brand connecting millions, we are both proud and excited to motivate Delhiites to come together and run for their loved city. This year is also special for us as we complete 10 years of our association with India’s most prestigious half marathon.”
AHEAD OF THE CURVE:
Procam International continues to remain the catalyst that continuously re-invents the paradigm of running in India. By providing a platform to achieve one’s own goals and blending elite performance with a sporting extravaganza, ADHM remains at the forefront of social change.
- GOLD LABEL RACE: ADHM this year has received the merit of a Gold Label Race – a rare distinction from the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) classifying the half marathon as one of ‘leading road races around the world’. This new status comes as a jewel in the crown for the country’s most preferred half marathon.
▪ TIMED 10K RUN: Keeping in mind the popularity of the Great Delhi Run and to give a fillip to the emerging runner community, for the first time, there will be a 10K timed run exclusively via charity. This Timed 10K Run is available only for participants above 15 years of age, who want to make a difference by running for charity. The application form for charity running places will be available with the NGOs registered with the Event’s Philanthropy Partner, India Cares. Charity running places will not be available after 13th October 2017 or as soon as running places are filled, whichever is earlier
▪ WOMEN RUNNER CRITERIA in TIMED 10K RUN: For all the women participants, who do not have a timing certificate and are eager to join the running bandwagon, a limited number of seats are also reserved for them via charity.
▪ YOUNG RUNNER CRITERIA in TIMED 10K RUN: To encourage young aspiring runners, within the 10K category, there are a limited number of running places reserved for applicants, between 15 years and less than 18 years of age. The Charity Criteria will not be applicable to this section and these running places will be accepted on first come first served basis via online registration on www.adhm.procamrunning.in.
▪ NEW SPONSORS: To make any sporting event a grand success, it is imperative to have like-minded sponsors on board and this year two new global brands have extended their association with the event. India’s leading mineral water brand Bisleri has come on board as the hydration partner and Jet Airways, India's premier international airline, as the airline partner.
Jayaraj Shanmugam, Chief Commercial Officer, Jet Airways said, “Marathons not only test the spirit of human endurance, but also reflect the power of resilience as well as the strength of faith and self-belief. Jet Airways is proud to associate itself with the 10th edition of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon – one of India’s iconic running events. It is our endeavour to spur our employees and participants to push and go beyond their limits, in the pursuit of excellence.”
"With consumers increasingly realising the importance of active lifestyle, Bisleri would like to emphasise the importance of water for leading a healthy lifestyle. Hydration as a subject is neglected in sports until now in India. Associating with Procam International gives us an ideal platform to connect with the consumers, educate them about the importance of right hydration and let our consumers know that we care for their health. It is important to adopt a correct hydration strategy, especially during endurance runs as not just dehydration, even over hydration is a serious problem and can adversely impact runner's health and performance." - Anjana Ghosh, Director, Marketing, Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd.
▪ PUMA Shoe Collection Initiative : In its pursuit to encourage running and PUMA's endeavour to give back to the community, PUMA announced a Shoe Collection Initiative in association with Goonj. Under this initiative, starting November, 2017, customers can drop their used shoes at PUMA stores across 12 cities. These can be sports/casual shoes of any brand but should be in a condition such that the recipient can use it. All the collected shoes will be given to Goonj, a social enterprise focused to work on improving accessibility to basic needs like clothing, education and sanitary pads while changing the dynamics of giving & receiving with dignity. Goonj will further channelize these shoes to rural India and eventually help many others set their feet on the ground in comfort. According to various studies and reports, more than half of rural population in India don’t have access to proper shoes. This initiative from PUMA creates a platform to help in this need.
▪ PUMA Race Day & Finishers Tee: All the half marathon participants will get the exclusive PUMA Race Day Tee, while first 1000 runners will receive PUMA Finishers Tee.
Abhishek Ganguly, MD, PUMA India, said “We are excited to be associated with ADHM for the third time. Running has immense potential in India, and we want to do everything we can to nurture this ecosystem. Associations such as these are in line with our pursuit of encouraging more people to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
He further added, “As the leading Sportswear Company in India, it is our responsibility to address the basic need of easy access to quality footwear. Our Shoe Collection initiative with Goonj is a step in this direction which has the ultimate aim of shoes for every foot”
▪ CHAMPIONS with DISABILITY (CWD) & PLANET ABLED: To create a necessary stir for CWD and further engage with the community, this category will be supported by Planet Abled, an NGO that provides accessible travel solutions and leisure excursions for people with different disabilities. With their necessary expertise and manpower, Planet Abled is certain to give the category of participants an enhanced and an unforgettable experience from registrations to race day.
Vivek Singh, Jt. MD, Procam International said, “This edition marks a glorious legacy as we set foot into the 10th edition of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon. As sporting entrepreneurs ,who wanted to get the country lace-up for distance running –, it absolutely warms our heart to witness thousands of individuals embrace running, be it competitive or for fun. ADHM has been at the forefront of change and has transcended beyond the boundaries of sport, into a movement with a social conscience.
“The success of an event of this stature and magnitude is not possible without the faith and support of all stake holders. We extend our deepest gratitude to Airtel for their belief and passion and welcome on-board our new partners Bisleri and Jet Airways,” added Singh.
So what are you waiting for? Be a part of the change you want to see. Be a part of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon - registrations close on October 3.
The 2017 edition of the event will have over 34,000 running places across the five different categories.
▪ Airtel Delhi Half Marathon’s online registrations and PO Box entries across different race
categories will be accepted as mentioned below:
▪ Half Marathon, registrations open on Tuesday, 14th September and will remain open
until Tuesday, 3rd October 2017 or when filled, whichever is earlier.
▪ Registrations for The Great Delhi Run, Senior Citizens’ Run and the Champions with
Disability Run also open on Tuesday, 14th September and will remain open until Friday,
▪ 13th October 2017 or when filled, whichever is earlier.
▪ Timed 10K Run registrations will open on Thursday, 14th September 2017 and close on
Friday, 13th October 2017 or when filled, whichever is earlier.
▪ For online registration log onto www.adhm.procamrunning.in
▪ Application forms along with requisite application fees can be deposited in the drop box
located at: Airtel Stores in Delhi & NCR (between 11 am & 7 pm): (1) A 6, South Ext Part-I,
New Delhi-110049; (2) S- 45, Ground floor, Sahara Mall, M.G. road, Gurgaon- 122002; (3) G
57, Aggarwal City Plaza, Sector 3, Rohini, New Delhi-110085; (4) SCF 51, Opp. Police station,
Sector 15, Faridabad, Haryana- 121007; (5) M-5, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001 (6) J-
20, Sector-18, Noida, UP- 201301
POST filled entry form and requisite entry fee to P.O. Box No. 3634, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi
– 110 024.
▪ For further details contact the event helpline number +91 96500 33333, which will be open from 10 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday. Toll-free for Airtel subscribers and chargeable as per standard call rates for non-Airtel subscribers.
PRIORITY LINE-UP: The Half Marathon runners will be prioritised in six line up sections on race day as per the timing certificate submitted along with their applications, namely under 1 hour 45 minutes; 1 hour 45 minutes to under 2 hours 06 minutes; 2 hours 06 minutes to under 2 hours 33 minutes; and 2 hours 33 minutes to under 2 hours 57 minutes; 2 hours 57 minutes to under 3 hours 21 minutes; 3 hours 21 minutes and above.
The Timed 10K Run will be prioritised in four line up sections on race day as per their timing certificates submitted during registration, namely under 1 hour; 1 hour to under 1 hour 10 minutes;
1 hour 10 minutes to under 1 hour 20 minutes and 1 hour 20 minutes and above.