The first match of the Indian Premiere League season 10 is all set to start today. The match will be played between the finalists of IPL season 9. Royal Challengers Bangalore will take on the champions of 2016 -- Sunrisers Hyderabad -- at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Uppal.
RCB are having injury problems in their squad as their main players, including Virat Kohli, AB De Divillers and KL Rahul will be missing from action. Meanwhile, Sunrisers Hyderabad will be hoping to continue to repeat the same performance like last year. Please take a look at the players to watch out for in the first first:
Player from Royal Challengers Bangalore to watch out for -
• Chris Gayle - The weather forecast of today’s match looks good but if Chris Gayle is in the squad then one can surely expect the ‘Gayle Storm’ today. If RCB want to fire in the opening match, he is the one guy now who can turn the game in their favour.
• Kedar Jhadav – The young talented player from India impressed everyone during the One Day International series against England. His heroics won India the game where there was no hope when Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni departed early. His 122-run knock at Pune’s MCA Stadium are still fresh in everyone’s mind. He can be the player to watch out for.
• Yuzvendra Chahal – This spin bowler was a find in that limited over series against England and Kohli trusted Chahal a lot. Although Chahal has been terrific for RCB over the years, will the new captain – Shane Watson show the same kind of faith in him? Chahal can be the spin bowler to watch out for.
• Shane Watson – He will have the added responsibility of captaincy in the absence of Virat Kohli. Watson will be expected to perform with ball and bat. He is the greatest all rounder in the shorter format. Though he will be under immense pressure, he is champion and a player to watch out for.
The Sunrisers Hyderabad has strong batting and bowling line up with good all-rounders in their squad.
The players to watch for SRH are –
• David Warner – The captain who had lead the team from the front in the last season is expected to repeat the same show in the IPL 10 as well. David Warner has been in terrific form in the IPL. But his form in the recently concluded test series wasn’t good. However, he can regain his form in this shorter version of the game. Warner will be the player to watch out for in today’s game.
• Yuvraj Singh – The veteran south paw made a magnificent comeback into the India squad in the limited over cricket. He is the man who can make a side stronger then it looks on paper. He has the ability to gain the momentum because of his all round abilities. This makes him the player to watch out for.
• Bhubneshwar Kumar – Bhuvi was the highest wicket taker in the last season for the SRH. If he continues in the same rhythm then SRH can very well become the title conteder in this season as well.
• Moises Henriques – This Australian player has tremendous experience in playing in the IPL. SRH should make the best use of his experience. Moises has previously played for many teams like Delhi Daredevils, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, and Royal Challengers Bangalore. He is surely a player to watch out for.