FC Goa will lock horns with Delhi Dynamos for the return leg of the 1st semi-final at the Fatodra Stadium in Goa. Delhi have a 1-0 lead over their rivals and will surely start as the favourites as they produced a splendid performance compared to their rivals in Delhi. Robin Singh's solitary goal became the difference between the two teams. Delhi were ahead in all the departments compared to Goa, be it ball possession, shots on target or number of crosses.
It is quite obvious that Goa will resort to their ultra-offensive tactics and will look to score as many goals as possible. Their battle with the Dynamos defence will be a treat to watch. Delhi, too, on the other side will look forward to extend their lead. The strong midfield war between both the sides will decide the fate of the game as both parties will try to dominate each other. Another exciting factor is that if FC Goa manage to win 1-0, then the match will go into the penalties. Altogether the audience will get to watch a football match full of action!
Let’s take a look at the players to watch out for:
1) Leo Moura: The hardworking Brazilian midfielder has been an ace for the Ghaurs. Moura's run through the midfield, his accurate passes, amazing ball control, playmaking ability has been one of the main reasons behind FC Goa's dream run in the league phase of ISL. He has been a star performer for FC Goa and once again Moura's performance will make a difference between the two teams.
2) Jofre: Moura's midfield partner has to play a crucial role if FC Goa wants to secure a place in the finals. Goa's attacking style of football suits the Spaniard quite well and if the Ghaur's have to win the midfield battle. Jofre needs step up for his team.
3) Reinaldo: A seasoned striker, the Brazilian has been in prolific form as he has scored seven goals for his team and assisted in three. He will be a key player for the Ghaurs in the forward line and a constant headache for the Delhi defence. He was quiet ineffective in the 1st leg but in no way he can be ignored or discarded.
1) Florent Malouda: The French playmaker has been the impact player for the Delhi side. His playmaking ability, ball controlling skills and crucial passes from the midfield zone has been an asset for the Delhi side. When a player of Malouda's stature is present in the team, it sends a wave of panic through the opposition's campaign.
2) John Arne Riise: The Norwegian has been like a wall in Delhi's defence and it has been very tough for the opposition strikers to get past him. Gifted with a good height and physical strength, it’s a plus point for any defender. Riise knows how to use his gifts to nullify the rival strikers and he will have to do it repeatedly against FC Goa, as he did in the previous match.
3) Gustavo Dos Santos: The Brazilian was a star in the 1st leg of the semi-final clash and will surely try to repeat the performance. He is extremely hardworking and possesses some superb skills with the ball. He is an expert in breaching the rival defence with his runs, complemented by speed and dribbling which will test the Goan defence repeatedly.
By Dipayan Saha